The Hanston United Methodist Church
The Hanston United Methodist Church was founded in 1906. Many changes and events have taken place in the last 105 years of ministry at the Hanston UMC. In 1939 the church was served by the Jetmore pastor and has been the same ever since. In 1952 a basement was dug and the church was moved on top of it where the basement was used for Sunday School classrooms and a Kitchen. In 1967, the Hanston UMC added the Educational Building that is still located there today and used as the Fellowship Hall. In 1979, the church was then moved off the basement and back to the origianl spot where it had been built. In 1986, stained glass windows were installed in the sanctuary. These are the same windows that are there today.
Today, the Hanston United Methodist Church offers worship service at 9:30am and Sunday School classes for all ages at 10:45am. The Hanston UMC also has an active woman's group that participate in bible studies, quitling projects, luncheons, etc.